These yummy snacks ideas are designed especially for kids and focus on specific developmental skills. In addition to getting to eat a tasty treat, the process of making a snack offers specific therapeutic value.
Here are the benefits of kids in the kitchen…
- Children will practice fine motor skills while assembling their snack. This improves dexterity and utensil use.
- Kids will interact with new textures and tastes in a fun way.
- The step-by-step instructions encourage organizational skills, sequencing and following directions.
- Kids are typically highly motivated to write the recipes which is a great way to sneak in some extra handwriting practice.
- Plus, there’s a social benefit too. These snack and cookie craft ideas are perfect for bringing to a party for a unique treat to share with friends!
P.S. Feel free to swap out the ingredients and get creative! 😊 🍓
Click here to find the latest Kid Taste Tested and OT Approved Snack Ideas…