Bird Nest Cookie Recipe
Welcome spring with this adorable bird nest cookie! Practice dexterity skills to build the nest with chocolate “mud” and crunchy “twigs”. These tiny “tweets” are sure to please at your next spring time or Easter gathering…
Here’s what you’ll need
- Nilla wafer cookie
- Chocolate frosting
- Jelly beans or mini chocolate eggs
- Chow mein cracker noodles
- Kids can practice spreading with a knife.
- Using two hands to hold the tiny noodles is great for fine motor skills.
Improve Fine Motor Coordination:
- 2 hand use: This craft requires bilateral hand coordination, such as breaking the noodles to make the nest.
- Utensil use: Spreading the frosting is great practice and will come in handy when it’s time to pack sandwiches for lunch!
Too easy? Increase the challenge!
- Have the child pick up the jelly beans using thumb and pointer finger while keeping the other fingers tucked in.
- Make multiple cookies for repetition and skills practice.
Write out the recipe.