This adorable Teddy Bear Beach Cookie complete with a sandy beach is sure to make a splash at your next pool party! Kids can make a teddy bear sunbathing on a tiny towel or floating in a sweet, swim ring. Beach life has never tasted so good!
Plus, your child will practice important fine motor skills such as using a knife to spread the frosting, holding scissors to cut and a pincer grasp to pick up the small treats between thumb and index finger. If your child assembles several cookies, you can get a lot of practice in for these important fine motor coordination skills.
TEDDY BEAR BEACH COOKIE
- OREO cookie
- Crushed graham cracker
- Blue frosting (or Vanilla with blue food coloring)
- 1 Teddy Graham Cookie
- Candy: Rainbow Airhead candy or 1 Gummy Lifesaver Candy
You will need: Knife, scissors, rolling pin
Create Your Beach Scene!
- Spread the blue frosting on top of the cookie.
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs.
- Use your pincher fingers to sprinkle the crumbs onto half of the cookie.
- Poke a bear into the lifesaver hole for a floatie OR
- Place a bear on top of the rainbow candy beach towel.